Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sigh....

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Humble yourselves, therefore under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

I’ve been having an enormous emotional struggle over the last several weeks as I try to deal with “why” God has allowed my body to fail me. I KNOW that He has a reason and that his plan is to build me up and help me grow, but I am struggling to understand what the reason might be. I have faced trials before when I have wondered what God was up to, and He’s never failed to show me and teach me before so I know he will this time too but I’m not being very patient about waiting for his answer.
I think the hardest thing about the last couple of weeks is knowing that I’ve been a less than effective CO for the 1st TIR as I try to deal with my physical issues. But, I know that God will be faithful in that also. I can already see CJ and AJ becoming closer friends as they play with each other in these days when we’re stuck in the house rather than spending our time at the park or the pool or doing the errands involved in running a household.
I’ll keep these verses in my heart and mind as we wait through the next week until we find out what the final outcome will be for me. I’ll keep you all posted…

In the meantime, I'm going to focus on the things that I am thankful for: the rest of the family is healthy and happy; the Yankees are winning; we have a wonderful home and church; the Spurs are winning; we are blessed with wonderful friends and family; and many, many more!

No comments: