Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Little Boy's Prayers

The setting: We're driving home from the grocery store and Ana is making noises and generally trying to annoy her brother.

CJ - "Mom, God always hears me when I pray right?"
Mom - "Yep, He'll always hear you no matter where you are"
CJ - "OK. God, please take away that little sister right now! Amen."
Pause......
"God, I said take away that sister right now!"
Another pause....
"Mom, He didn't listen to me!"
Mom - "Well, sometimes God says 'no' to our prayers because sometimes we pray for things that wouldn't really be good for us"
CJ - "But mom, it would be REALLY good if God took away my noisy sister!"

I just had to smile and suggest that maybe he could pray that she would be more quiet instead of praying for her to disappear!

No comments: